Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Subjects Of Insanity!" (Another favourite composition of mine)

I have spent studying not less than 16 years
But, to the teachers, rarely gave my ears
The Subjects taught did seem to have some clarity
But the things taught, to me were subjects of insanity

Maps and maps I had learnt in geography
But even today, I don’t know the roads of my own city
Volumes and volumes of history, on my brain, I had sown
Just to realize, in the process, I had forgotten my own
My favourites math, eco and stats, to learn’em deep, I chose
But to this day, no track I have, where my money goes

In the ocean of science, to become a scientist, I had drowned
To discover the extents of universe, not stars, but much beyond
In the race to discover the unexplored, I ran
The universe lay within me, the study of which I never began

They taught a lot of principles in the science of moral
But all of them, in reality, seemed an obsolete model
I had learnt the process of government, in the subject of civics
But realized in the real world, it was all just politics

I learnt and learnt, but between what I had learnt and what it is
There seemed to be existing no clarity
I was taught everything, but never taught what reality is
That’s why to me they are subjects of insanity.
That’s why to me they were subjects of insanity….

--- Sujit Lalwani

10 comments:

  1. Yes sir even i agree with you.
    Things what we come across and experience in our daily life is no where related to what we learn in the 4 walls of our classroom. After coming out of that 4 walls we feel same as the one day old chick which has come out of the egg. And there starts the real challenges of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S; this blog requires to be sent to every teaching authority of all schools and also to the central education minister so that mass awareness is created on the kind of education we receive... amazingly well written sir

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true sir.. but sir am just wondering even though u felt tat the subjects were of insanity thn how come u'v mastered all those subjects sir!!!! ur truly amazing sir.. just loved this blog very much.. its toooo good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I really love this one as well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy morning sir,it is shocking if u say u have forgotten your volumes,paths...etc as far as i have seen u your is great i always try to follow your foot prints now where i have a poor memory to be frank your amazing to all the youths if they know u well......that is what is best part in u sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gm sir.i really loved the caption that u have given "walk in one direction, all shall heal by itself!!"...i had read one article which inspired me the most...i have attached the link..i request u to read this:)
    http://www.ishafoundation.org/news/columns/panorama/TheNavhindTimes_30Dec2007.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning sir!!! You are one of the few personalities I really admire and follow ur footsteps. Being inspired by ur blog I too started my personal blog... prabbypotter.blogspot.com
    And I followed the look of ur blog to design the mine one... Thanks alot sir... U have been a great inspiration in my life

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback will be appreciated.